Website of Wg Cdr Bellie Jayaprakash. Copyright@2005-2020 . All rights reserved Badagas of the Blue Mountains...their history, origin, culture, customs, rituals, language, lifestyle || Websites of Wing Commander Bellie Jayaprakash


Naakku Betta -நாக்கு பெட்டா


Badaga Dictionary
Recently Mamta from Chennai, obviously a non Badaga, wrote to tell me that she was interested in learning Badaga and whether I could suggest any book on the topic. I was stumped. Though I knew that there is a ‘Badaga - English’ dictionary by Paul Hockings and Christane Raichoor and some info available on the net, I could not recommend the book - dictionary for it is prohibitively priced.
So, the thought of making a dictionary with the active help of all Badaga friends who visit this website. Please spend a few minutes and send me any word you know. You can put it in the comments column below or send me an email :- bjaypee@gmail.com

Now let us start with the alphabet A

1. ah - pronounced as in ah’himsa - people [ah bandhidhaaray - people have come. Appara ah eddharay - lot of people are there]
2. aah - pronounced as in after -opening the mouth [aah ennu - say aah or open your mouth]

No comments:

 
Copyright@2005-2020 Bellie Jayaprakash. All rights reserved.No reproduction without permission. Contact > bjaypee@gmail.com